Giving USA 2015 Spotlight - Celebrating Service to Philanthropy (Special Anniversary Edition)
The year 2015 is one of triple celebration in the philanthropy arena, as three milestones are being marked: the 80th anniversary of The Giving Institute, publication of the 60th consecutive edition of Giving USA, and the news from Giving USA 2015 that estimated charitable giving by Americans reached an all-time record of $358.38 billion in 2014!
One way we are celebrating is by publishing this special edition of Spotlight, which showcases not only the intertwined histories of The Giving Institute and Giving USA, but the role each has played in America' philanthropic sector - both historically and today.
Inside this complimentary Spotlight, you will find:
- A historical account of how The Giving Institute and Giving USA came into existence
- A timeline infographic showing the major philanthropy milestones since the first edition of Giving USA in 1956
- Images of Giving USA report covers through the years
- Sidebar features on notable figures from The Giving Institute and Giving USA's pasts
- Jeffrey Byrne, Chair of The Giving Institute
- W. Keith Curtis, Chair of Giving USA Foundation
- Henry "Hank" Goldstein, CFRE, former chair of Giving USA Foundation
- Ann Kaplan, former editor of Giving USA
- Insights on how The Giving Institute and Giving USA have impacted philanthropy by Andrew Watt, FInstF, president and CEO of the Association of Fundraising Professionals; Dr. Amir Pasic, the Eugene R. Temple Dean of Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy (IU); and Melissa Brown, associate director of research at IU and managing editor of Giving USA from 2001 to 2010.
This Spotlight is published by the Giving USA Foundation™ and is available at no cost.