2020 Annual Survey on State Laws (Library Rate)
Academic and public libraries and other institutions can post Giving USA’s Annual Survey on State Laws Regulating Charitable Solicitations in their own digital database for student, faculty, and staff access.
Produced annually, this PDF guide provides the most up-to-date information on state laws regarding the registration regulations of charitable solicitations state by state in an easy-to-use table.
For each state, you’ll find:
- Address of state regulatory agency
- Registration or licensing requirements for charitable organizations
- Reporting dates and requirements for charitable organizations
- Whether or not the state accepts unified registration statement
- Solicitation disclosure requirements for charitable organizations
- Additional disclosure requirements if paid solicitor used
- Registration/Licensing/Bonding requirements for Counsel
- Whether or not state imposes additional requirements for solicitors
This 2020 update reflects the following trends:
- States moving to online registration systems specific to each state
- Changes to point of solicitation disclosure requirements as more states start to post information to their websites
This guide is especially helpful to fundraisers, consultants and nonprofit managers for ensuring fundraising compliance and meeting critical deadlines. It also provides vital information needed by fundraisers who work in multiple states.
The library rate includes a digital PDF copy of the report, available immediately upon purchase.